Key Stage 4
Magnitude is the size or strength of a quantity.
- A scalar is a quantity which has only magnitude.
- A vector is a quantity which has magnitude and direction.
- The greater the magnitude the larger the quantity.
- 10 has a greater magnitude than 2 as it is a larger number. -22 has a greater magnitude than +10 because, even though the number is lower, it is larger in size.
- Magnitude, page 2, GCSE Physics, Pearson Edexcel
- Magnitude, page 286, GCSE Combined Science, Pearson Edexcel